Do You Know Who You Are?
If you have placed your faith in Christ Jesus to be your Savior and Lord, you are a New Creation in Him, you have been Born Again. Old things are passed away and all things become new. But what does that really mean? Many Christians refer to themselves as "sinners saved by grace". It is biblically incorrect to refer to yourself as a "sinner". You used to be a sinner, but now you are saved by grace.
You need to know who you are in Christ so that you can live a successful Christian life. The more you agree with God about your identity in Christ, the more your behavior will reflect your God given identity. Learn to see yourself as God sees you. Believe and speak what God says about you and become the spiritual person you are according to His Word. God's opinion is the one that counts.
Understanding who you are in Christ will give you a strong foundation to build your life on. Knowing who you are in Jesus is the key to a successful Christian life. Your identity doesn't depend on something you do or have done. Your true identity is who you are in Christ. When you are in Christ you are a brand new creation. It's time to stop living out of who people say you are and take hold of the truth of God's Word.
Because you are in Christ, every one of these statements is true of you.
- I am loved (1John 3:30)
- I am accepted (Ephesians 1:6)
- I am a child of God (John 1:12)
- I am Jesus' friend (John 15:14)
- I am a joint heir with Jesus, sharing His inheritance with Him (Rm. 8:17)
- I am united with God and one spirit with Him (1Cor. 6:17)
- I am a temple of God. His spirit and his life live in me (1 Cor. 6:19)
- I am a member of Christ's body. (1 Cor. 12:27)
- I am a Saint (Ephesians 1:1)
- I am redeemed and forgiven (Colossians 1:14)
- I am complete in Jesus Christ (Colossians 2:10)
- I am free from condemnation (Romans 8:1)
- I am a new creation because I am in Christ (2 Cor. 5:17)
- I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved (Col. 3:12)
- I am established, anointed, and sealed by God (2 Cor.1:21)
- I do not have a spirit of fear, but of love, power, & a sound mind (2 Tm 1:7)
- I am God's co-worker (2 Corinthians 6:1)
- I am seated in heavenly places with Christ (Eph 2:6)
- I have direct access to God (Ephesians 2:18)
- I am chosen to bear fruit (John 15:16)
- I am one of God's living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house (1 Pe. 2:5)
- I have been given exceedingly great & precious promises by God by which I share His nature (2 Pe. 1:4)
- I can always know the presence of God because He never leaves me (Hebrews 13:5)
- God works in me to help me do the things He wants me to do (Phil. 2:13)
- I can ask God for wisdom and He will give me what I need (James 1:5)
Simply choose to believe what God says about you.
"How can two walk together unless they agree?" Amos 3:3
Try reading the above list every day for a month, preferably out loud. The more you know who you are in Christ, the more your behaviour will reflect your true identity.
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind" Romans 12:2
To live an effective Christian life you need to know and believe who you are in Christ. Understanding your identity in Christ is crucial to your success.
The best way to renew your mind and experience transformation
is by knowing, thinking and speaking who you are in Christ
Train yourself to say the same things that God says in His word. Become who you are in Christ. God wants to do more in your life than you imagine.